July 17, 2007

VBS

VBS started yesterday at our church. I'm in charge of the music.
I decided to do a few things differently this year. For one I'm using the auto harp and not the piano.
I guess this is really the only change that I instituted, but it is a big one.
It allows me to be much more involved with the kids. Before we start in the morning I gather all the kids by the front door and we sing a few fun songs like "If you're happy and you know it" and "Father Abraham"
I'm enjoying my job this year. We have a full thirty minutes for opening and closing exercises this year which is down right luxurious. I'm also enjoying being able to walk around and help out where I'm needed inbetween times.
Over all the first two days have gone well. We have a whole slew of kids this year and quite a few kids not from our church. Several are repeat attenders. Meaning that they don't attend our church, but have come before.
My boys are doing well. I didn't have to give N. Any ultimatums today. Of course A. is getting along great and why wouldn't he? He "loves misser Hinks"

No comments:

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III