July 30, 2007

Hoopla

This weekend was full of all kinds of activities. Friday night was my dad's big birthday bash, complete with a whole roast pig and a keg of bear. Good times were had by all. All us siblings sang a song with or for Dad. That was his birthday request. My brother flew in from Iowa as a surprise for Dad. We got him good, and even caught the moment on his new DVD camcorder. Saturday we got together again for dinner. That was an adventure since the power was out for all most the whole day. We had grilled pizza. Sounds strange, but it was really good. I think I may try it myself sometime. Then Sunday again was dinner at Mom and Dad's after church before Sam and Sara headed back to Indiana. I really do treasure these family moments and it makes me want to have a big family for my children. There's something joyful about it.

No comments:

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III