So, I tried to post yesterday and my computer went bleh! on me
We made it to the library yesterday. Always a fun time with the boys. Every week or every other week depending on our schedule I print out a list from the library website of the books we have out and begin my hunt. It seems that every time there is at least one book if not two or three that have manage to hide themselves away in some obscure place. I am so thankful for the print out other wise I would never know whether we had all the books are not. Once I find them, I load the books and the boys into the care and head out.
When we get there they head right for the movie racks. We're allowed to check out four movies at a time, so they each get to pick one, I try to pick one for Dan and I to watch together and I get one chick flick for myself.
The recent attraction in the children's section is their computer. I know others may feel differently about this than I do, but there's something about having that computer there that bothers me. Now, instead of going straight for the books, my boys head straight for the computer, and I have to remind them to pick out a few books. Isn't the library supposed to be promoting books and reading? I guess some would argue it's supposed to be more about education and information which the computer fits into but...... I don't know.
I am so thankful that both of my boys are interested in books. I do not see it being a chore when it comes time to teach them how to read. They both already sit for extended periods of time "reading" books and looking at the pictures. N. will sit and listen to chapter after chapter of the book I am reading to him at the time. I'm so thankful that I'm able to pass my love of reading onto my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment