December 2, 2008

Compliment

I just had to share a fun encounter I had yesterday.

As I was walking into the grocery store an older man, maybe in his seventies, was walking out to his car and motioned me over to him. Then he said, "I know you don't know who I am, but I just wanted to tell you that I think that a woman bearing child brings out all her beauty." It was such a nice compliment from a complete stranger, and so different from the comments you usually get when you're almost nine months pregnant. Things like, "oh my you're big" and "You look like you're ready to pop."

It put a big smile on my face and brightened my day.

2 comments:

Dulcimer said...

That's so wonderful -- you're right, the compliments are a little rarer than the comments on size, etc.

I'm glad you shared that -- it proves there are still people left in this world who are in wonder and awe of pregnancy and new life!

Sandra said...

That is so sweet!

Only a few days to go and you'll have your little girl. I'm so excited for you!

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III