December 2, 2008

The waiting game

8 more days until my due date. In some ways, it doesn't seem possible, and in others, it can't come soon enough. I keep steeling myself that it could be another two weeks. Both of the boys were "late", but I'm also hoping for this little one to come "on time". I started really feeling contractions last night, more than the usual Braxton Hicks I've been having throughout the pregnancy, and that gives me hope that she'll be born soon. The question is, what is soon?
I feel like everything is on hold until she comes. That's making it a little hard to prepare for Christmas, but it will still happen. My wonderful mother-in-law came over yesterday on her day off and watched the boys for me for a few hours so I could go out shopping alone. I didn't get alot of Christmas shopping done, I haven't made all my lists yet, but it helped to get me to start thinking about things, and I also picked up a few last minute items for the baby as well as some stocking stuffers for the boys. At least now I have something. Now it's just a matter of keeping up with the little things around the house like laundry and simple cleaning, so that the house is not a reck when we welcome our newest addition. I also have crochet projects for Christmas that I should be working on.
The hard part is simply the waiting. The unknown. Will it happen today? tomorrow? Not for another two weeks?

No comments:

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III