I'm feeling a little overwhelmed these days at the long list of things I need to get done. Of course there's the normal house-hold chores, laundry that must be kept up with, cleaning that hasn't been done since before G. was born; but on top of all of that is closing out the old year and preparing for the new. Since I am the missions treasurer for our church there are checks to be written and mailed a new budget to plan and other things as well. Then there is school. We stopped in December sooner than I had planned. I didn't anticipate my inability to focus on anything other than G's birth. I thought that keeping up with school right until she was born would be a good distraction. Instead I was just distracted and tired and ready for a break and my new baby, so now it's time to get back into the groove.
You forget how much time a baby takes up. I've always been one to work in spurts, when the mood strikes me, and that is hard when you have a baby. You have to do the work when you are able, not when you want to when you have to sit down for forty-five minutes every two to three hours to feed her. And don't forget the time spent changing diapers too. It's a task that in and of its self doesn't take very long, but by the end of the day all those minutes definitely add up.
I'm looking forward to February, when things should slow down some. When we can try to get into some kind of normal. At the same time, I want to just savor this time. I guess that's why I'm having so much trouble with my list of things to do. What I really want to do is just sit with my daughter and watch her grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III
No comments:
Post a Comment