November 19, 2008

Praises!

I've had a couple of good pieces of news today that make me want to share.

1. This morning when I signed on to Face Book, the first thing that popped up was the status of one of my friends. She is the sister of my friend, Cassie, from my time in Japan, the news was that Cassie had had her second little boy this morning. While birth in and of itself is a miracle and something to be celebrated, this one was extra special. Cassie's first birth had been a c-section in Belize and the doctors here in the states were not being particularly helpful in her quest for a VBAC. The news this morning, was that Cassie had a quick, easy, successful VBAC. A healthy little boy weighing in at 7 pounds 14 ounces. I was so elated I wanted to jump up and shout.

2. This afternoon I was checking my sister-in-laws blog Poets and Saints and read her incredible account of how God provides. I can tell you the news, God used a member of their church to meet their financial needs for their adoption, but I suggest you go and read her account. She tells it so beautifully and is a much better writer than me.

I have been so amazed and overwhelmed recently over God's goodness to us. To us as an immediate family and also to our extended family and friends. It's so easy to get bogged down in the bad news that seems to be never ending, but when I look around I can't help but being thankful. All I have to do is look at my amazing, loving husband, two strong healthy sons, and feel the miracle of life that is my daughter still growing in my womb.
And that is only the beginning...

No comments:

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III