August 22, 2008

Home away from home

We've been spending the last week at my parents. Dan decided that it was finally time to get the floors done before our new baby arrives, so last Friday we packed everything up and moved to my mom and dads. Saturday, Dan rented a sander, and sanded down the floors and put on the first coat of poly, then took the day off from work on Monday so that he could put the second coat on. Since then, we've just been hanging out to let them have a chance to cure.
It's been a little strange being "home" after seven plus years. We're here almost every week for Sunday dinner and have spend the night a few times for Christmas, but this is the first time we've had an extended stay. It's just not the kind of thing that you do when you live five minutes away. It's been a good time of visiting. N and A and I have continued to do school in the mornings and most mornings mom is working, so we have the house to ourselves. It's like a vacation, only not, if that makes any sense.
They boys have been enjoying themselves. Being at Gramma and Paw-Paw's is always equals a great time for them since they are two of their favorite people. They've even had Paw-Paw read them their bed time stories several nights. What a treat! For me as well, as it brings back fond memories of my dad putting me to bed.
So, that's what we've been up to. When we get back home and get everything put back together I'll get a few pictures put up. The floor looks fabulous!
Tomorrow is A's fourth birthday party. I can't believe he's four years old already. I have to start practicing on the Cat in the Hat, since that is what he has requested on his cake, not quite as easy as Pac-Man. Oh, well, I think I'll manage. It may not be perfect, but as long as you can tell what it's supposed to be I'll be satisfied.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did your cat in the hat cake turn out?
-Cass

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III