July 7, 2008

It's a girl?

So I had my first ultra sound today. We made it into a family outing and had alot of fun. Since I'm going to a midwife and they do their ultra sounds right in her office, they are very family friendly and didn't have any problem with the boys coming in to see the new baby. N. asked all sorts of questions about the baby and the ultra sound equipment. A. also seemed interested. The Tech was wonderful and very friendly with the boys and did not make us feel like we were putting her out or making her life difficult. What a difference from A's ultra sound in the hospital!
The baby is still small (I'm only about 17 weeks along) and was being stuborn (I guess she get's it from her mom) and had her feet crossed almost the whole time and the tech almost gave up, but she finally saw what she was looking for and told us that she's pretty sure that we're having a girl! I'm so excited. I feel so priviledged to be a mother to boys and girls. Of course there's always the chance that we're wrong and I tried to explain to N how we could still be surprised. He seemed to think that it was pretty funny that the baby might surprise us and make us think she's a girl and then come out a boy. It is so much fun being pregnant with older children to share it with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, no pictures!?!?!

Cass

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III