N. just asked me, "Mom, I wonder what it's like to be a mom."
I told him it was kind of hard to describe and he says, "just try"
so I said,
"It's the hardest thing you'll ever do, but the best thing you'll ever do because you have to take care of people that can really drive you crazy, but whom you love more than anything."
How would you have answered the question?
Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III
1 comment:
That's a pretty good way of putting it especially with the age of your kids. I'd also add that it can make you the happiest you'll ever be and the most sad.
Post a Comment