February 9, 2009

New Furniture

Several months ago, my mother-in-law suggested a new couch as a family Christmas gift. I jumped at the idea. We needed a new couch and it would save her from buying us other things we may not need. So, it was settled. Dan and I looked around and finally decided on a couch from IKEA, but with G. being born and Christmas festivities we didn't get around to getting it. Then after the new year we took our van to the shop to get the dents from my accident fixed. That took longer than expected. We got it back after four weeks and were finally able to go get our couch. So Friday night we headed down to Robinson with my Mother-in-law to pick it up. I also got to pick out a Poang chair that I've been wanting for a while. Christmas morning Dan gave me a web-cam, then my mom gave me one as well. Since she had bought hers on sale months and months ago, and we could not return it, we kept the one from my mom, returned the one Dan bought and I got a Poang chair instead. It's very exciting. It's almost like getting a new living room. Of course I haven't had to chance to properly arrange things, but just having such wonderful new seating is great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I wondered if you were going to get a chair like the one we had. I remember you saying how much you liked it and how great it would be for breastfeeding. I hope you guys enjoy the new furniture.

Anonymous said...

Nice furniture. I'm looking for new living room furniture right now - it takes forever to find something that looks good and also feels good to sit on. And then you walk a fine line between wanting to buy high quality couches so they will last for a long time and realizing that I may not be able to afford such high quality. And why are two couches, seemingly identical to one another, completely different prices at two different stores? Aahhh! These are decisions I would like my parents to continue making for me.

Emma said...

It doesn't make sense for us to buy something to high end, because then we would be even more nervous about the boys, and eventually G. sitting on it. :) We did get an extra cover, so if it needs to be washed, I can do that and have a clean one already to put on it.

Sandra said...

I had one one of those chairs and loved it! It was so comfy! The couch is lovely!

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III