October 3, 2008

Contentment

I realized yesterday morning, that I was content. For the first time, in a long time, I wasn't wishing the months away. This pregnancy has been full of decisions and worry for me. Not for any specific reason, or because I was having complications, but simply an uneasy mind. But yesterday, as I sat in my living room on a cool damp fall morning, sipping my hot tea, I thought about how happy I am.
I don't know if it's the weather, the season, the temperature, being in my third trimester... but God has blessed me with a contented spirit. For the moment I am able to enjoy being pregnant. I wish I was better with words, so that I could better describe this feeling and the difference it brings, but these few faltering ones will have to suffice.
I can't wait until I get to hold my little girl in my arms, but until then, I'm going to enjoy feeling her kicks and pushes; I'm going to hold my big boys and enjoy the uninterrupted time with them. I'm going to make soup and pot roast and all those other warm fall comfort foods I'm craving; and I'm going to enjoy this fall season. I know I'm strange, but these cooler temperatures make me happy.

3 comments:

Dulcimer said...

I don't think it's strange at all! Autumn is my favorite season, and to me, the cool air definitely signals a fresh start. Glad you're feeling so content. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you're happy. I LOVE fall too. The cooler weather, the colors, Pumpkin spice lattes and the food. I'm on an apple kick right now. I'm eating apple squash soup, grilled cheese with apples and carmelized onions and apple crumble cake for dessert. I can't stop cooking with apples.

Sandra said...

It isn't strange! These fall days have brought contentment to my heart as well. I feel so blessed.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Not how, I know You can do it. Not who, I know You went through it. Not where, you're preparing a place for me. Not why, all my sin is the reason. Not what, Your return into season, but how long, how long will it be?
O momentary grace of mortal men, Which we more hunt for than the grace of God. --- Shakespeare, Richard III